opinions powered by SendLove.to

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Retro-Mac: Which Clunky Apple Computer Was The Worst? (PHOTOS, POLL)


I can't recall the model of Mac that I had that was a lemon, but I can recall many models that were great. The CS and CX were both good. The FX was good. The 8500 and 9500 models were good. And the G5's were very good. But my sentimental favorite was the Quadra 650. It was one of the first models to have the PowerPC chip. It wasn't the fastest or biggest of it's day, but it was like a Chevy pickup truck: it just kept running. Always. I kept it clean of games and custom fonts, which always caused problems then, and it ran like a pro. I also have to say that the newer iMac models are also very good computers. They are stable, easy to use, all-in-one, with clear screens and up to 4 GB of RAM. They make very good computers for designers.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: